- Tell me about yourself. …
- What do you know about our company?
- Why did you decide to seek a position with this company?
- What interests you about our company?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you think you’re the right person for this job?
- What unique qualities or abilities would you bring to this job?
Interviews for Top Jobs at BDO
Audit Graduate Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO (London, England) in Oct 2020
The first stage of the application process involves situational and numerical reasoning based test followed by three recorded interview questions. For the interview, you have as much time as you want to come up with an answer, and then you can press record when you are ready.
- can’t exactly remember: describe a time you’ve made a mistake? why this role/firm?
Audit Graduate Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO (London, England) in Nov 2020
Group discussion (group of 4-6): 20 minutes reading material + 50 minutes discussion, present the result Presentation: Prepare in advanceWritten exercise -business email1 to 1 interview: motivational, behavioural, strength-based questions
- Why BDO? Why you?Why this role?
Interviews for Top Jobs at BDO USA
Tax Associate Interview
I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL)
I was hired out of college so my process included and on-campus interview with a partner. The second round interviews were in the office with three managers. I was asked typical interview questions about work experience and collage grades.
- Tell me about a difficult situation in your life and how you overcame it.
Risk and Compliance Intern Interview
I interviewed at BDO USA
Very smooth, and simple. People were very helpful both during the process as well as after the process, and it sounded like an exciting place to work at for the summer.
- Walk me through your resume
What to expect in your video interview
BDOâs video interview is strengths-based, so expect questions that will get you to explain how youâd react under certain circumstances, as opposed to questions that ask you about specific experiences. Recruiters are looking to understand more about you: what you can do well and what you enjoy doing. And itâs not just about whether youâd be a good fit for BDO: itâs your opportunity to reflect on whether the firm can meet your ambitions. BDO wants to find the right candidates but it also wants you to find the right employer.
Questions are timed and you will see a countdown timer on your screen to help you pace your answers. Youâll have the opportunity to answer a test question before you start the interview itself.
Top tips from BDO include:
Meet our People
What kind of questions are asked in a video interview?
- Why are you interested in this position? …
- What do you know about our company? …
- What are your strengths? …
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? …
- What is your ideal work environment? …
- Describe your work ethic. …
- Tell me about yourself.
How do I pass the BDO assessment?
- Fill in your BDO application online.
- Match your application to BDO key values.
- Use their language / key words from the job post in your resume.
- Ensure you apply early to increase your chances of getting to the next stage of the application process.
What attracts you to BDO?
- Prepare Like You Would for an In-Person Interview. …
- Dress to Impress. …
- Test Your Tech. …
- Set Up Your Shot. …
- Don’t Sit Too Far or Too Close. …
- Prep for Optimal Eye Contact. …
- Check for Glare. …
- Practice Your Video Interview Skills Ahead of Time.