Many workplaces navigating remote and hybrid models are using Microsoft Outlook services to help with communications, collaboration and productivity. Depending on where your coworkers are located, getting everyone into a meeting at a convenient time can get a bit hairy. Sharing your calendar with co-workers can be helpful for coordinating meetings and events.
Its also far easier than trying to plan via cluttered Slack or text messages. Heres how to get started.
- At the bottom of the page, select. to go to Calendar.
- At the top of the page, select Share, and choose the calendar you want to share. …
- Enter the name or email address of the person with whom you want to share your calendar.
- Choose how you want this person to use your calendar: …
- Select Share.
How to share your calendar and manage permissions in Outlook
How to share your Outlook calendar
Here are the steps for sharing an Outlook calendar with others on either PC or Mac:
1. Open Outlook calendar and click into Calendar, then Share Calendar.
2. Select the calendar you wish to share.
3. From the Calendar Properties box, click Add.
4. In the Add Users dialog box, enter the contacts of the person or people you wish to share your Outlook calendar with. You can either search your address book and click on their names to add or enter their email addresses directly. Once all are added, click OK.
5. From the Calendar Properties box, click on the Permissions tab. You’ll see the names of the people you just added. Here, you can change their permission level. Highlight the name and click the radio button corresponding to the level you wish to grant. You can choose from:
Once the permissions are set, click OK to save. Your calendar now shared, Outlook will send everyone you added an invitation email, which they can either “Accept” or “Decline.” Those who accept the invitation will see your calendar in their calendar list.
Note on permissions: Microsoft email domains include @hotmail.com, @passport.com, @live.com, @msn.com and @outlook.com. You can share your Outlook calendar with people without a Microsoft email address but their permission level is limited to “View.”
What is an Outlook calendar?
The Outlook calendar is an organizational tool made by Microsoft. You can use Outlook calendars to manage your personal or work schedule by organizing and scheduling meetings, appointments, events, activities, services or tasks. The management tool also allows you to share your calendars with other people while granting them different levels of access.
How to manage Outlook calendar sharing
Calendar sharing is common office practice, however, it’s important to update your calendar share lists regularly to ensure you are sharing notifications with the most applicable contacts and departments. Here’s how to unshare your calendar with outdated contacts on PC and Mac:
Note: Only the calendar’s creator will be able to change permissions. The person who’s removed from the Outlook calendar will receive a notice by email.
When to share an Outlook calendar
It is common practice to share Outlook calendars with people in and outside of the workplace. You may need to share one of your calendars with a single individual and another with a larger group, for instance. You might also be responsible for maintaining a public calendar. Here are some situations in which you may need to share an Outlook calendar that you manage:
How do I share an Outlook Calendar with someone?
- Select Calendar > Share Calendar.
- Choose a calendar to share.
- Select Add, decide who to share your calendar with, and select Add.
- Select OK and you’ll see the added people with a default permission level.
- Choose a name, select the access level to give, and select OK.
Why can’t I share Calendar on Outlook?
How do you create a shared Calendar in Outlook that everyone can edit?
- Open Outlook and click Calendar to the left of the screen.
- Right-click on your new calendar.
- Select Share and then Calendar Permissions.
- Click the Add button.
- Select the user that you would like to view your new calendar.
- Click on the Add -> button and click OK.
How do I share a Calendar between two people?
- On your computer, open Google Calendar. …
- On the left, find the “My calendars” section. …
- Hover over the calendar you want to share, and click More. …
- Under “Share with specific people,” click Add people.
- Add a person’s or Google group’s email address. …
- Click Send.