Employers today are increasingly using competency-based interview questions during the recruitment process in order to gain greater insight into a candidate’s strengths, weaknesses, and aptitude for the role they are filled. Competency-based questions involve assessing a person’s skills, knowledge and experiences, and are designed to test how they respond to challenging scenarios. By asking a candidate to elaborate on how they have previously handled a situation, it gives the employer a much better understanding of the candidate’s ability to handle similar workplace challenges should they be hired. With that in mind, it is essential for employers to understand the importance of structuring their interview questions to gain the most value from each interview. In this blog post, we will explore why ey interview questions are so important and how employers can structure them effectively.
EY Interview Questions | What to expect from EY Interviewers | Big 4 Interview Questions
Interviews for Top Jobs at EY
Associate Director Interview
I interviewed at EY
Interviewers ask situational/behavioral questions to validate candidates’ knowledge and skills for the role. There are several layers of interview and at times it could be done in panel. Candidates must link their responses to their current or previous role and must be based on actual accounts.
- Which task did you find to be the most challenging and how did you handle it?
Summer Analyst Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at EY
First the CV screening then Verbal, Numerical and SJT – second round then Simulation AC final round – answering emails etc Spring week conversion to Summer Analyst Position in London FS Office – WAM
- Why Assurance and Why EY?
What advice do candidates give for interviewing at EY
- Know why you want to work there. It is crucial to conduct research and ask thoughtful questions about the business. shared on April 17, 2022 – New York, NY, Assurance Staff
- Shared on March 18, 2022 – SAP Manager Advisory Services Process Improvement – Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- No matter how well the interview is going, resist the urge to stay because, in my experience, they only interview you before moving on to the next stage. Shared on November 24, 2018 Everyone makes you feel like you’ve got the job and everything.
What candidates say about the interview process at EY
- I was hired after a background check and one interview with the ED after being recruited through linked in. Staff Auditor II – Dallas, Texas – Shared on April 1, 2022
ChallengingShared on November 30, 2020 – Assistant Auditor – Ebene
- Multiphase interview that tests your knowledge and personality. shared on July 5, 2019 by a manager’s assistant from Mumbai, Maharashtra
How candidates received their first interview at EY
- Multiple interviews over a span of 4-5 months. Shared on July 3, 2018 – Boston, Massachusetts – Cybersecurity Risk Advisory Consultant
- Via phone. Posted on May 23, 2018 by an executive administrative assistant from Arizona
- Executive Assistant to 4 Partners and 2 Principals – Employment AgencyShared on March 7, 2018 – New York, NY
Tips for a live or prerecorded video interview
More and more of our interviews now include video or “virtual” components. They can be live video interviews where candidates engage in a conversation with an EY team member or prerecorded video interviews where candidates record responses to questions sent in advance. Let’s examine what you ought to do, what you shouldn’t do, and what you shouldn’t be concerned about.
The EY Video Interview Format
The EY video interview focuses on behavioral questions.
Companies employ behavioral interviewing because they think that past behavior is a reliable predictor of future behavior.
Asking about behavior typically begins with “Tell me about a time when” or “Give me an example of” ”.
The EY video interview has 5 questions. You have 60 seconds to think about each question and 90 seconds to record your response.
If you think your response was particularly subpar, you have the option to re-record it. You are only able to re-record each answer once.
What do you say in an EY interview?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why E & Y?
- Tell me about a time when you handled pressure well.
- Do you enjoy doing independent research?
- What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What interests you most about this position?
What do you know about EY answer?
EY is a market leader in consulting, tax, strategy, and assurance services. Our market insights and top-notch services contribute to the growth of confidence in the global economy and the capital markets. We cultivate exceptional leaders who collaborate to fulfill our commitments to all of our stakeholders.
How do I prepare for an EY interview?
- Practice explaining your motivations for applying to this company and your top career interests.
- Make the most of the interview as a chance to share your story.
- Research whom you’ll be interviewing with.
Why do you want to join our company?
I feel my skills are especially well-suited to this position because…” “I believe I have the type of knowledge to succeed in this role and at the company because…” “I see this opportunity as a way to contribute to an exciting/forward-thinking/fast-moving company/industry, and I feel I can do so by/with my…”