At myTectra, we assist you in selecting the appropriate Python career path. Here are the top courses in Python one can select. Learn More →.
17 – Sitecore Interview Questions – Part 1?
Q What are the most important Sitecore features?
The top features of Sitecore CMS are as follows:
Q How many databases are associated with Sitecore?
Sitecore CMS utilizes the following three SQL Server databases:
1 Answer 1
We do exactly what you do. All the components from Kamsar’s post are stored in a dependency injection Foundation project that we have. Then I pull it all in with a config patch.
Get a configuration class for each feature so that I can register controllers and add interfaces by using Kamsars bits.
Then I pull that in with a config patch
Regarding the footer, it’s likely that the information is identical if the two sites use the same rendering. Consequently, you can permit them to have their own unique footers by using the Footer items in the site settings. Same data structure, but different data that represents the footer.
I’m not sure if it would be a good idea to switch out the footers dependency on the fly depending on the site. If it became that complicated, I would simply create a new footer at the project level for each “different” site.
Thanks for contributing an answer to Sitecore Stack Exchange!
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Draft saved Draft discarded.
SiteCore Interview Questions for Experienced Freshers
1. What is Sitecore? Sitecore is an integrated . Enterprise and intranet portal websites are created using the NET Content Management System (CMS) platform. It was established in Denmark in 2001 as a reliable content management system. Additionally, Sitecore Experience Platform combines marketing automation, analytics, and customer data to improve the customer journey in real-time across all channels.
2. The following are Sitecore’s top features as a content management system:
3. A Sitecore Item is a virtual object that is already present in the Sitecore database. It represents a specific type of information, such as a text, file, or layout, that goes into creating a web page.
4. What are the various types of databases connected to Sitecore? There are three different types of databases connected to Sitecore. They are:
These databases are the heart of content management in Sitecore.
5. Sitecore’s Content Management System (CMS) is used to create, manage, and improve the digital experience for customers. It is a piece of software that allows users to work together to produce digital content such as blog posts, web pages, etc.
6. A SPEAK page definition item determines the URL in the content tree to access the page in the browser to explain pages in Sitecore. Theme and Browser Title are examples of mandatory properties for a page definition. Although it uses a standard Sitecore layout, SPEAK pages must use a layout specifically created for SPEAK to ensure that the page’s visual appearance complies with the SPEAK UI guidelines.
7. The watchtower, which appears after logging into Sitecore, signifies that you have logged in using the Desktop mode rather than the Content Editor mode. Log out and then back in using the Content Editor by clicking the Sitecore labeled option in the bottom left corner.
8. According to the data template, standard values in Sitecore provide field values that used to apply to all items. Each data item has the ability to override the data template’s default values for a specific person. Each data template can have only one standard values items.
9. The various Sitecore Custom Token types include the following:
$name. Name of an item $date. Current server date $time. Current server time $id. Item ID $parentid. Item’s Parent ID $parentname. Item’s Parent Name.
10. In Sitecore, incremental publishing is the process of only publishing items that are currently in the publishing queue. When you modify an item, the item automatically adds to the publishing ueue.
The item is transferred to the publishing ueue if the workflow has changed. It is only accessible once the entire website has been published.
11. In Sitecore, a media item is described as a collection of various fields with a file attached to the Media field. A file, audio, video, or document can all be considered media. The media file is attached to the media item and is then referred to as a media item after being uploaded to the Sitecore Media Library.
12. What kinds of view modes does Sitecore offer? There are three different kinds of view modes available in Sitecore. They are as follows:
13. What does Sitecore’s definition of a layout look like? Sitecore layouts and sub-layouts are used to organize pages with outer helix markup. Avoid statically binding renderings to layouts by using layout definitions and placeholders. It provides a visual representation of a basic structure.
14. The following steps must be taken in order to add a new site to Sitecore:
15. The Sitecore Media Library is a location where users can manage media content that is hosted by Sitecore. non-HTML files (PPTs, PDFs, DOCs) and s (gif, jpg, png) can be uploaded to the Media Library and later accessed through the Content Editor. All of your media, such as documents, audio, video, and s, are stored in the media library.
16. What does XSL do in Sitecore? The extensions in Sitecore can easily generate HTML forms, and they can retrieve data submitted with forms and render it as a component of the page that the form posts. However, XSL does not offer the ability to send submitted data via email or store it in a database.
17. Sitecore has a larger and more comprehensive feature set than Umbraco, which has web forms, marketing automation tools, personalization, and workflows that make configuration more difficult and the setup process much longer. Umbraco has a short learning curve and a simple UI that make it easy to set up.
18. How to add a new command in Sitecore?
Take the following actions in Sitecore to add a new command:
Now create the commands below, under the Awaiting Approval state
19. How do you disable analytics in Sitecore? Take the following actions for the item to disable analytics:
When an item is disabled, it is no longer visible in Sitecore reports such as the visitor session trail.
20. What is Sitecore’s most recent version? Version 3 was made available. 2020 will see the launch of version 4 of Content Hub with new, streamlined capabilities to speed up digital transformations.
21. What are the different types of rendering in Sitecore? The following list outlines the various rendering types in Sitecore.
The two most frequently employed rendering types are view rendering and controller rendering.
22. What does versioning in Sitecore mean? You can add as many versions as you’d like to any Sitecore item in the Content Editor. There are two types of versions:
23. An item that specifies the structure and behavior of other items is known as a template in Sitecore. Every item in Sitecore is an example of some template. Additionally, it specifies the fields and sections into which the content is divided. Every field is a sub-item under the item of the related section, and each section represents the sub-item under the template.
24. There are three different kinds of templates in Sitecore:
25. What are the various website publishing options? There are three different website publishing options. They are:
26. How to move items in Sitecore to a new location? Complete the actions listed below.
1. You can relocate the object in the Experience Editor or the Content Editor.
2. Choose the location to move the item to in the Move-Item To dialogue box. Locate the Search tab’s location in the content tree by using the Browse tab.
27. Sitecore provides a limited number of fields for each item; these fields are referred to as Standard fields. These fields help you to:
28. There are three ways to log into Sitecore, which has multiple log-in options. They are as follows:
29. The field that includes item sort value is the sort order field found under the appearance section. We can change the sort value in the Content Tree to move items up or down by decreasing the sort value.
30. Difference between Package and Serialization in Sitecore?
31. Each stage of the pipeline is referred to as a “processor.” The web defines the order of processors in a pipeline. config file. Each Processor has a distinct operation, and the pipeline is made up of all these steps. specify system operations like starting the Sitecore application and loading the content editor warning Define UI processes like copying, deleting, dragging, and so forth. specify system operations like starting the Sitecore application and loading the content editor warning define UI operations like copying, deleting, dragging, and other operations.
32. The web’s configuration/sitecore/pipelines section is where Sitecore context is defined. config pipeline defines Sitecore context.
33. By default, there are 19 processors in the pipeline; however, this number may change depending on the Sitecore modules you have installed. For instance, the httpRequestBegin> pipeline will contain 21 processors if Sitecore DMS has been installed.
34. What is the command?
35. What are the procedures for adding a new Sitecore command?
36. Which token types does Sitecore support? Sitecore replaces the token with the item’s corresponding value when you create an item. For instance, Sitecore will replace the “Title” field with the item name you entered when creating the item if you specified the $name token at the “Title” field in standard value. Here is the list of tokens supported by Sitecore:
Is sitecore a hot skill?
One of the most widely used enterprise level content management systems, Sitecore is still gaining popularity and usage.
What is Sitecore used for?
Sitecore is a top digital experience platform used by businesses all over the world to design seamless, customized digital experiences. Sitecore is an integrated platform powered by . net CMS, commerce and digital marketing tools.
What is .NET interview questions?
- Q-1: What is the . NET framework?
- Q-2: What is CLR?
- Q-3: What do you know about JIT?
- Q-4: What is BCL?
- Q-5: What are the different types of constructors in c#?
- Q-6: What is caching?
- Q-7: What is the application domain?
- Q-8: What is a cross-page posting?
How do I learn Sitecore?
- Make sure you can log into profile.sitecore.net. …
- Download Sitecore 9.1 today from dev.sitecore.net. …
- Count on the community! …
- Take a free eLearning course. …
- Dig into the Developer Documentation for Sitecore 9.1.