- How do you feel your strengths and weaknesses impact your career?
- Tell me about a time you failed. …
- Would you be willing to take on nursing responsibilities as needed?
- What qualities make a great nurse?
Top 20 Nurse Manager Interview Questions and Answers for 2022
12. What Action Would You Take If You Have An Uncooperative Doctor?
This question is asked to find out how you would handle physicians who don’t cooperate with nurses.
Tip #1: Mention the action you would take to deal with uncooperative doctors
Tip #2: Be precise and give a well thought answer
I would begin by politely yet firmly asking the uncooperative or rude doctor to mend his ways. If the doctor doesn’t change, I would report him to the appropriate higher office for further action.
9. How Do You Work Under Pressure?
Here, the interviewer seeks to assess your ability to work effectively under pressure.
Tip #1: Demonstrate that you can work well under pressure
Tip #2: Be clear and provide a direct answer
In my current role as a nurse manager, we at times have abrupt surges of patients at the health facility. Since it isn’t right to turn them away, I have developed strategies to handle sudden surges. For example, I make sure to assign more nurses to units that need more staff. Besides, I prioritize my work and multi-task duties to ensure I meet my targets.
[VIDEO] Top 20 Nurse Manager Interview Questions with Sample Answers: ► Subscribe for more useful videos
18. As a Nurse Manager, How Skilled are You in Using a Computer?
Nowadays, computers are used everywhere. The interviewer seeks to know your computer skills.
Tip #1: Mention any computer course you have completed
Tip #2: State areas you are skilled in and what you can accomplish using a computer
I have a certificate in computer application. My course included learning how to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. I can use a computer to manage my work, analyze reports and services, and conduct searches on the internet.
How do you ace a nursing manager interview?
What are the 10 most common interview questions and answers for nurses?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you like most about being a nurse?
- What do you find most difficult about being a nurse?
- Why are you leaving your current position?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses as a nurse?
What questions will I be asked in a management interview?
- What’s your management style?
- How do you see a manager’s role on a team?
- How do you motivate a team?
- Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult employee.
- How would your colleagues describe you?
- Describe how you delegate tasks to team members.
- Other frequently asked interview questions.