Even if you have been pregnant before, youll still have lots of questions about how you can look after yourself and your bump over the 9 months you are pregnant. Here we have some answers to common questions, including answers from expectant mums and dads all over Scotland. Remember, if you cant see what you are looking for you can always ask your midwife who will be able to help you.
Job Interview at 20 Weeks Pregnant. Don’t ask/Don’t Tell.
How do I get a midwife?
Finding a midwife to help you through your pregnancy is easy. Theres no need to see your GP first, you can book direct with a midwife. In most Health Board areas, you can make your first midwife appointment by asking your GP receptionist.
Watch a short film to see what happens at your first appointment by joining expectant mum Chloe on her first visit to her midwife Lauren.
Visit Ready Steady Baby for more help, hints and tips on getting ready for parenthood.
What should I eat when pregnant?
We know that morning sickness makes eating and drinking challenging – but trust us, a good diet can help you feel so much better, from the inside out.
If you want to find out more about what you can and cant eat during pregnancy, visit the Ready Steady Baby website. Your midwife will also be able to talk you through the best ways to fit healthy food into your diet.
How will I feel when I’m pregnant?
Everyone is different, but hormones can cause lots of changes in your body and the way you feel. Some of us may have tender breasts, get tired easily or feel sick (at any time of the day, and not just in the morning). Even if you were planning on becoming pregnant, realising that you are can still come as a bit of a shock, so don’t worry if you feel up and down.
What are some questions to ask a pregnant woman?
- How will I feel when I’m pregnant? …
- What if I have any bleeding during my pregnancy? …
- Why do I need a midwife? …
- When should I arrange to see a midwife? …
- Can I exercise when pregnant? …
- How much exercise should I do? …
- How do I get a midwife? …
- Is it true I can get free dental care when I’m pregnant?
What kind of questions should a pregnant woman ask when looking for a provider?
- What is your philosophy of childbirth?
- How long have you been practicing? …
- Do you practice alone or with others? …
- Who attends births for you when you are away?
- Where do you attend births, and can I take a tour?
- How can I reach you?
- How often will I see you during these next months?
Can you ask in an interview if someone is pregnant?
How should I interview during pregnancy?