1interviewfound Sort by:
Posted on 11 Oct 2020
AEM Developer Interview Questions
Posted on 27 Jun 2022
Preparing for Deloitte’s Interview Questions
Because places on the graduate schemes at Deloitte are highly sought-after, it’s crucial that you take the time to prepare properly for the interview process.
This can include answering practice verbal reasoning questions or completing timed numerical reasoning questions, as well as common interview questions. The information in this article will also help you.
Your preparation should also include researching Deloitte thoroughly and making sure you understand the company, the culture, the graduate scheme and the sort of work you will be doing.
You can research the company by visiting its recruitment pages, including the Early Careers Programmes page, which explains what graduate scheme options you have.
The Life at Deloitte page will give you a better understanding of what it’s like to work in the organisation.
You can also visit Deloitte’s social media channels to understand what the business is talking about right now, and search online for advice from previous members of the Deloitte graduate scheme.
Throughout the application process, you will regularly be asked general interview questions related to your experience and your interest in Deloitte.
It’s crucial you give specific examples from your career or education – to demonstrate your skills and values – and make it clear why you are attracted to Deloitte as an employer.
It’s a good idea to consider Deloitte’s values when answering the general interview questions. These are:
As with any interview, the general questions are a way for the interviewer to find out more about you and understand whether you are a good fit for the company.
If you can demonstrate that your values are similar to the values of Deloitte, this will be a mark in your favour.
Don’t force your answer – it’s important to still be yourself – but do bear them in mind.
Below are some example questions you may be asked during the Deloitte interview process, with some tips to help you answer each one:
Do research to find out the competitive salary ranges for similar roles and determine what you are comfortable accepting for this role without overpricing yourself. Provide a range that is no larger than $10K, but ideally keep it to $5K. When you provide someone with this range, make sure you are comfortable with the full range.
Instead, demonstrate your critical thinking skills by identifying the failure, the actions you took to address it and how taking these actions has helped you grow. As a recruiter, we’re not focusing on what the weakness or failure is, but rather what you are doing to correct it.
2. What does your ideal job opportunity look like? Typical responses are scripted to match the job description, which doesn’t truly reflect the individual person. The best way to answer this is, you guessed it, be genuine. Know what you’re looking for, know what skills you bring to the table and understand how this applies to the job you are interviewing for. Try to link these together in an open conversation with the recruiter so you can both get a better sense as to whether this is a good fit.
It’s ok if you don’t have the specific experience – just pause and take a moment to think about what relevant experience and transferable skills you do have that show you are the best fit for the role.
There you have it – those are my top tips for approaching five common interview questions in a way that gives you the best chance at leaving a lasting impression and landing the job of your dreams. Good luck!
How do I prepare for a Deloitte interview?
- #1: Do your homework. We’re impressed when candidates have taken the time to do some research and learn about us. …
- #2: Make an impact. Dress for the occasion. …
- #3: Be confident. …
- #4: Ask questions. …
- #5: Sell yourself. …
- #6: Get clarification. …
- #7: Follow up.
What questions are asked in Deloitte interview?
- What made you apply for a position at Deloitte? …
- What do you know about Deloitte? …
- How did you get into the field of accounting? …
- Tell me about a point in your career where you used negotiation skills to change the outcome of something. …
- How do you manage multiple deadlines and tasks?
Are Deloitte interviews tough?
What are the technical questions asked in Deloitte?
- Tell me about Yourself.
- Why Deloitte?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses ?
- Are you a team player.
- What companies did you give interview for before deloitte ?
- What is your opinion about Long hours at work ?
- Questions form resume.