How do I know? Some might call me a “recovering CPA”—I used to work as one at a Big Four accounting firm. And before becoming a career coach, I spent years handling recruiting efforts at a public accounting firm for five offices spanning up and down the East Coast. I worked directly with leadership to identify top talent, built recruiting processes, and screened candidates for accounting opportunities. Based on my experience, I have some advice on how to answer the most common accountant interview questions and what qualities recruiters are looking for when they ask them.
- How do you handle a tight deadline with multiple accounting tasks to finish? …
- How do you ensure and maintain accuracy? …
- What accounting software have you used? …
- Describe a time when you provided exceptional service to a customer.
TOP 20 ACCOUNTANT Interview Questions And Answers!
Can you tell me about your experience with data entry and accounting software?
Your account officer will oversee a significant amount of record keeping to ensure that accounts under their supervision are in line. It is critical that they have a thorough understanding of accounting software so that they are able to work accurately and efficiently. Asking them about their past experience in data entry and in using accounting software will help you gauge their level of comfort with the activities required for the job.
Listen for the following:
“I’ve worked as an account officer for the past two years. At my previous firm, we used QuickBooks and FreshBooks to help streamline the data entry process and ensure everything was done accurately.”
There’s no software to download or meeting links for you to manage. Here’s how it works. Step 1
Reach the worlds largest pool of job seekers when you post on Indeed. As candidates apply, you can connect with them on the platform. Step 2
Our virtual interview experience is the default when you schedule time with your candidate. Step 3
When the candidate accepts your interview invite, youll both get an email with a link to your video conference. Open the link to test your connection, and get started. Its that easy.
6 Account Officer Interview Questions and Answers
What are the duties of account officer?
- Creating and processing invoices.
- Cross-checking invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy.
- Managing a company’s accounts payable and receivable.
- Sending bills and invoices to clients.
- Tracking organization expenses.
- Processing refunds.
Why should we hire you as an accounts officer?
- Tell Me About Yourself. …
- Why Are You the Best Person for the Job? …
- Why Do You Want This Job? …
- How Has Your Experience Prepared You for This Role? …
- Why Are You Leaving (or Have Left) Your Job? …
- What Is Your Greatest Strength? …
- What Is Your Greatest Weakness?