Maternity leave is an incredibly special and personal time for both parents, one where they might need a lot of support and personal time to adjust to their new life. And nowhere will they need more support outside of their home than in the workplace. If you know a colleague is about to take maternity or paternity leave, then make sure you send best wishes in a maternity leave card to let them know you’re there for them.
Not only do maternity wishes show your colleague a friendly level of support, but they can put a smile on their face with the knowledge that they’re valued and cared for by their place of work! But what do you write in a maternity card if you’ve never written one before? How professional is too professional? Should you just keep your maternity wishes short?
- All the best to you for a happy and restful maternity leave. …
- Congratulations on your new arrival! …
- Best wishes for a wonderful maternity leave with your new baby!
- I’ll be thinking of you and sending you lots of love during your maternity leave.
Let’s Chat About My Maternity Leave
Messages to give to a coworker going on maternity leave
If one of your colleagues is preparing for maternity leave, consider writing them a short note or working with others on your team or in your organization to create a thoughtful message they can take home with them during their leave:
1. All the best to you for a happy and restful maternity leave. Blessings to you and your family!
2. Congratulations on your new arrival! I am overjoyed for your family and wish you all the best.
3. Best wishes for a wonderful maternity leave with your new baby!
4. Ill be thinking of you and sending you lots of love during your maternity leave. All the best to you and yours!
5. May this time give you all the joy and peace you desire with your baby.
6. Congratulations on this amazing new arrival and addition to your family.
7. Being a parent is an exceptional joy. I wish you all the best!
8. Take the time to enjoy every minute of your maternity leave with your new baby. We love you!
9. Forget about work and enjoy the time with your new baby!
10. I know youre going to be a tremendous parent. Wishing you nothing but happiness!
11. We will miss you while youre gone but want nothing but the best for you and your family.
12. Congratulations! Enjoy every single second of your maternity leave.
13. Sending you nothing but love and well wishes for a love-filled maternity leave.
14. Happy maternity leave! All the best to you and yours!
15. Use this time to bond with your baby—dont think about work for a second. Love you!
16. While I cant wait to have you back in the office, Im so excited for you. Enjoy this special time!
17. I truly hope every day with your new baby brings you nothing but exceptional happiness.
18. Your baby is so lucky to have a parent like you—all the best for a happy maternity leave!
19. I know youll be a magnificent parent. Best wishes to you and your family!
20. What a magical time—I hope you are able to cherish this time with your new baby.
21. You deserve every minute of this leave with your family. Congratulations!
22. Ill miss your kindness and positivity in the office while youre gone! I wish you nothing but happiness with your new baby.
23. May your maternity leave give you nothing but happiness!
24. Savor every single second with your new baby while on maternity leave. Lots of love!
25. Many blessings for your growing family!
26. Im so happy you get this time to rest, recover and love your new baby. Many congratulations!
27. Many congratulations to you and your family!
28. Enjoy this time with your baby. Wishing you all the best, my friend!
29. Youll be a fantastic parent to your baby. Congratulations to you and your family!
30. Cherish every moment with your baby, both the good and the bad. It goes so fast!
31. Im absolutely delighted you get this time to bond with your baby. Theres nothing more important for a parent. Enjoy every moment!
32. May your maternity leave be everything you hope for and more!
33. Happy maternity leave! Youre going to do a great job. Lots of love!
34. Please let me know how I can support you during your maternity leave. Im so happy for you!
35. Babies are so much more work than us. I know youre going to do a fantastic job with your new baby!
Why it’s important to acknowledge maternity leave
Maternity leave is a unique situation and one that requires particular attention from the person undertaking it and from the organization at which they work. Support from supervisors and colleagues can help them tremendously as they care for their new baby, knowing their job and professional community awaits them when they return to work.
Providing well wishes and congratulations to the person going on maternity leave before their departure helps establish a culture in which all employees are valued and cared for, even if theyre not actively present in the office or virtual workspace.
Tips for helping a coworker return from maternity leave
When coming back from maternity leave, many people benefit from support from their supervisors and colleagues. Keep these tips in mind when your coworker returns to work to help them comfortably resume their duties:
How do I write a maternity leave message?
- Congratulations and best wishes for the newest member of your family.
- Good luck on your new adventure—it’s sure to be your greatest adventure yet!
- Enjoy your journey into parenthood! …
- You’re both going to make amazing parents. …
- You are so blessed, and we can’t wait to meet your little blessing.